23.2.15

Children Of Pop



"Children Of Pop"
2014, acrylic painted figures

Last year when I was deep into my research of Cuteness and Cute Agression, my Mum came home with these two figures from an op-shop. Their typical Holly Hobbish style was neat, but besides looking at their play on proportion for creating a sense of cuteness, I didn't really know what to do with them.

Their original brown and beige colour was fairly mundane for the portrayl of cute kids, so one Saturday night whilst watching Hairspray I decided to paint them in a hyper bright palette to bring out the fun and spirit of their childish charm. 

The outcome was so dreamy and now they have been nicely sitting on my chinese dresser in all their coloirful glory for the past year. 

I thought I'd finally start to post pictures of arts and projects I'd done but never posted before, so tune it for more soon.