April 16, 2013

Belle of the Ball



As I had a week of holidays when I got back I did a lot of thrift shopping and came out with some amazing gems. The best find was this 50's or 60's gold brocade gown that fit me like a glove. I was so surprised to even find it as I've never seen anything like it before in a thrift shop but the fact it fitted perfectly even length, as I'm really short was amazing. It has really cool boning in it and a bit of tulle round the hips to make it shape nicely, which feels a bit weird at first but you get use to it. Oh and I forget to mention the best bit. It was $20!!!!!
 Now I only have to wait till my formal next year till I can wear it and I will need a date, or otherwise I need to quickly marry a prince so I can wear it to a ball.

 I literally feel like Belle in it.
You can kind of see the fabric better, it's like lace but with gold thread woven though it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty! It looks very Ellie Saab S/S! You are so lucky to find something like this is a thrift shop, all I can find is beige tartan and smelly things :s xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you my dear, are extremely inspiring and quite beautiful<3

    xxBianca
    wwww.xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete